Hey there! So, I officially launched Oh Honey Skin Care in January 2015 (on my Grandmother’s birthday!) but if you dig deeper, you will find it really started over 25 years ago with my mom, a woman who truly cared about the health and well being of her family. As a youngster I grew up hearing the juicer juicing fresh fruits and veggies in the kitchen or seeing her make her own aloe vera juice and cringing when it was my turn to drink either. In addition to that, I always saw my mom in the bathroom rubbing fresh aloe vera on her skin, making a mask or scrub.
To tell the truth I was always envious of the exceptional skin my mother has and vowed to have the same (unless it meant drinking vegetable juice…lol) skin. She pushed that as equally as important as what you put on your skin is what goes in your body. And from that point the seed was planted. Fast forward 25-30 years and Oh Honey! was born. Started by me in my kitchen with the simple desire to know what is in the products I’m using on myself and my daughter who had very sensitive skin as a newborn. First it was just something fun to do, and now that fun has turned into a business!
My focus is creating products that are made of all natural ingredients with each ingredient providing a benefit for our skin. More and more people are becoming conscious of what is in the products they use and I want to be sure that all Oh Honey! products and each ingredient have a purpose and a benefit. That’s why I focus more so on quality of the products versus the quantity.
NOW FOR SOME FUN (weird) FACTS ABOUT ME!
Do we have any of these in common?
- I’d rather have the brownie batter than the actual cooked brownie
- I can’t stand to have ANY water get in my eyes; but I can pop my contacts in and out with no problem which is kind of weird
- I desperately wish I could sing….like forreal I do
- I prefer warm/hot weather over cold weather
- I don’t like foods to touch on a plate….especially something wet touching something dry like bread and getting it soggy!